Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mentors Response To Project

I talked to my mentor about how my project went, and he was satisfied but felt I could have explained certain things better in my answers. I did leave out some parts and could have talked about it to better explain my answer. I feel as if I should have spent more time talking about my answers and so did my mentor. But the information was there overall because I choose good activities that where able to show my answers he thinks. My mentors are very proud of me because I was able to enlighten people about woodworking and helped them see what craftsman/ woodworking really is and how difficult it can be. Over all they both think I did well and was able to pick up on woodworking very easily and quickly. They recommended that if I ever do want to pursue woodworking that I do start young, and try to get as many customers, contacts, and connections as I can now that I am young so that I can do better in the future. They also told me that I should do the best work I can and to MAKE SURE I take on how ever many projects I can at once. They told me it was better to be honest and put off a project to the side then give the customer my word and not complete it. Sure I may loose a customer but at least I am able to be honest in the work that I do and focus on someone else's furniture and do it right. My mentors thought I should have used more examples and showed off the wood that I brought more, and also bring other visuals for my other two answers so that the class could understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment