Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Debrief

I think the hardest part about my project is helping people understand the art aspect of my topic. It is hard to view woodworking as an art form to some people because they are not familiar with it because the art is very unique. I think I was able to explain my topic pretty well, some parts could have been better then others. After my presentation, I thought about some things I could have done better, and those things where elaborate more on my mentorship, and differentiate my answers so that it is more clear. I dont feel as if I did bad, but then again I feel like some of the class did not really understand what I was talking about at some parts. As for the activities I think they really related to my answers, and my essential question. The students found relationship I think, and the activity helped define and clear up my answers. The class really enjoyed the activities and liked doing hands on type of things. I was surprised to see the class very involved, and was glad to see that they content was taught to them through the activities. I do feel that people know understand woodworking better, and may perhaps respect what woodworkers do. There is a lot more to it then just making something out of wood, and using it as furniture. For my first activity the class was very excited to see how the material reacted to temperature, they really enjoyed it. For my second activity they where also involved in trying to put together the joinery. It was a short but good activity to help define my second answer Joinery. And the last activity they had a lot of fun with as well, applying finishing is always fun. It was an easy clean up and I had help from some students. The only thing that threw me off was the interruption and the lock down at school because it really made me loose my train of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment